Sunday 17 November 2013

Final Documents and Construction Plans Received

On Friday we received our final documents after 8 working days, 2 days less than the expected 10 working days quoted to us by the builder. We were very surprised as we expected far more detailed drawings considering it takes Wisdom up to 10 days to prepare them, but they are the same drawings as those submitted with the DA, except they include any changes requested by council. Our only change was a privacy screen on a balcony. I guess it is because the process of initiating the final documents starts in the dreaded Estimating department, Wisdom's big black hole. I was really quite relieved they were the same drawings as it means less time is required to check them so we can get them back quickly. Now we are wondering if we get to see drawings that show the location of aircon ducts and vacuum system ducts, as we want to make sure we are happy with these. We have also requested extra noggins in some walls so we can mount tv's and want to check this also. I guess we will just have to check this all out during construction.

Our next big question is will we make our end of year tender expiry date. They should be on site approx 3 weeks from the day we sign and return the final documents. That would bring us into mid December and builders cease work for 1 month from the 20th December. It is possible, but leaves no room for any delays.  OMG the apprehension is killing me. I need to get busy with Christmas shopping to keep myself occupied.

And one more thing I need to vent about. Wisdom are still trying to charge us for an item that is unnecessary in the hydraulics design. Despite never laying eyes on my property, they keep telling me there is a gutter layback in the neighbour's gutter adjacent to our property that requires galvanised plumbing run behind it as part of the storm water system at a cost of $1200. We have told them over and over the layback doesn't exist but they continue to argue with me, so I have now taken a photo and will send it to them. The arrogance of the senior management in that company never ceases to amaze me. Thank god for our CSO who has been amazing otherwise we probably would have walked away ages ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment